The Old Schoolhouse started life as the Juniors Building of St. Agnes Primary School. Today, a charity set up by local residents manages the refurbished accommodation. The day to day work is shared by four full time members of staff and a group of strongly committed volunteers.
We aim to contribute to the long term regeneration of the local community by, in the short term, working towards self sustainability and, in the longer term, providing opportunities for personal development and healthy living.
The vision might be summed up in four ways:
- To enable and support the development of community groups
- To respond to the needs of the community by developing appropriate projects in-house
- To support individuals starting up a community enterprise
- To attract voluntary organisations to the area
We want to:
- Improve the quality of life in the area by providing an accessible place to meet
- Address issues of isolation in older people
- Address issues surrounding healthy eating and lifestyles
- Address issues in relation to employment.
Key Features of the Old Schoolhouse:
- High quality meeting rooms
- Office spaces
- Function rooms
- Quiet Room for space and reflection
- Wellbeing Room
- Snack area
- Interview rooms
- In-house Catering
- Disabled access
- Adult disabled changing facilities
- Lifts to all floors
- Community Groups and Activities
- Community Garden Project: GOSH
- Fantastic resident organisations
- Yoga classes
- Friendly staff
And much more… please ask at reception.